The first set of drawings




Day 1 of the Pandemic Drawing Project

April 8th, 2020 was a sunny day on Samish Island and I packed up and mailed 16 drawings with a personal note to people. I had been home for a month, drawing every day. I sent them off to family, art buyers, friends, people I wanted to thank. I sent one to Governor and Trudi Inslee - they own one of my paintings - to thank then for their work to keep us safe. 

At that point Washington State had been closed for two weeks and the virus circulating in our community for three weeks. Very little was known about how it spread.

2020 was going to be a good year: I had a solo show at Smith & Vallee Gallery in Edison that opened on March 7th, a solo show at the Jansen Art Center in Lynden in June, and the Seattle Art Fair in July. 

But even in February many of us knew that things could be derailed. On February 28th I began to stock up on groceries in case something went wrong. So much changed and so quickly. This blog documents my time during the pandemic, and what became my Pandemic Drawing Project. 


Comments

Popular Posts